Promoting British Values at Mill Hill
British Values, as defined by the government in 2011 are democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of different faiths and beliefs. At Mill Hill we believe that promoting these values is of paramount importance and do so daily through every day school life.
As a whole school we celebrate topics such as
- The Olympics – where children learned about the history of Olympians nationally and locally
- The Platinum Jubilee anniversary of the reign of Queen Elizabeth II and our current monarch’s coronation, King Charles III
- The Queen becoming the longest reigning monarch
- Remembrance: The First World War and the Second World War. Upper Key Stage 2 learn about the Second World War and experience an 'Evacuee' day in July. We mark Remembrance Day and pray for loved ones on our Tree of Remembrance each November
- Event days including: European languages day, Anti-Bullying week, Time to Talk day, Mother’s day, Father’s day, World book day, International dance day, World music day